The Eritrean Canadian Community Center of Metropolitan Toronto (ECCC) is a community-based, non-profit, charitable organization that empowers and enables newcomers, immigrants, and refugees of Eritrean descent, and the wider community in the Greater Toronto area through programs and education to facilitate their successful integration into Canadian society
As a community based non-profit and charitable organization, the Eritrean Canadian Community Centre of Metropolitan Toronto strives to provide crucial support to Canadians of Eritrean descent living in Metropolitan Toronto as well as newly arriving Eritreans through services and education to overcome settlement obstacles and facilitate their successful integration into Canadian society as proud and productive citizens.
- Settlement and integration Services:
- Information and referral,
- Translation and interpretation, informal counseling,
- Orientation for refugees, recreation and cultural activities.
- Training and capacity building for youth, women, and seniors on education, health, employment, and career options.
- Works on advocacy and awareness on mental health, violence against women prevention, community engagement.
- Volunteer training and development.
- Interpretation translation services in English, Arabic, Amharic, Tigre, Tigrinya and other Eritrean languages such as Afar, Kunama and Saho.
- Settlement counseling and integration
- Senior program,
- Youth program
- Summer activities Student camping and cultural activities
- New comer parent counselling and new comer student academic assistance